Friday 22 May 2020

My Top 5 Running shoes for racing and training On Clouds


I am very lucky to have the support of On Running. With no racing at the moment I thought I would share with you my favourite shoes from their collection and what I use them for. If you haven’t already heard of On here is a little bit about their technology: On’s patented CloudTec® technology is engineered to deliver a soft landing followed by an explosive take-off. The result? An unbelievably light running sensation. And no compromise on cushioning and impact protection. In other words, running on clouds (On Running). To learn more about On technology please go to their website https://www.on-running.com/en-gb/technology




Number 1: Race shoe - Cloudflash


 During a triathlon, at 211g these shoes are light and perfect for a fast 5km off the bike and 10km when doing Olympic distance. These shoes are fitted with an Explosive Speedboard. The Cloudflash has a Speedboard, is unparalleled in energy transition and fatigue resistance. It loads with impact energy to change toe-off to take-off. The 14 Cloud elements below the Cloudflash are shaped to transform and transfer more impact energy from the runner into fast, forward momentum.
These shoes are perfect for my racing lightweight and fast. Plus the colour is great for the transition. 



Number 2: Off-road Training shoe – Cloudventure

If you know me, you know I love the off-road side of triathlon. For my long runs and off-road running I use the Cloudventure. The lightweight trail running shoe that's big on cushioning and grip. Born in the Swiss Alps. I love these shoes as they are not too bulky and heavy also keeping the mud out in the wet conditions. If you are racing Xterra or off-road triathlons then make sure you check out their Cloudventure Peak. The lightweight trail-racing shoe with Missiongrip.
Number 3: Run session shoe- Cloudsurfer

I do two training sessions of intervals or tempo run a week. These shoes are designed as a Training-shoe for comfort during racing-flat speed.  The shoes are made for Short-medium distances, tempo training, fartlek, and road running. I find these have enough support but are also light enough for the hard sessions. 
Number 4: Long runs/easy running –

For my long run and easy running. Due to injury I like more of a supported shoe so I go for the Cloudstratus which is the performance shoe for maximum cushioning. These shoes are made for Half marathon, marathon, the medium–long road runs, heavier runners, runners that prefer a wider fit. The weight is 305g.  I just love how comfy and soft these shoes are. 

Number 5: All day fashion shoe - Cloud

I wear these shoes everywhere with a wide range of colours they are great for all occasions. They look good and are comfy. They are made to perform all day, every day for active people on the go - wherever they go. At 230g they are also really light.

So there you go, my top five shoes from On Running. Make sure you go check them out as there are loads of shoes to choose from for all activities.
Thanks for Reading Megan McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment