Monday 11 June 2018

Xterra Belgium Elite Race 2018

Xterra Belgium was my first ever off road triathlon. Xterra is a Elite off road Olympic Triathlon, I decided to compete in Belgium this year as it is something different and I enjoy MTB riding.  I new it wasn't going to be easy as I don't get enough chances to practice my mountain biking. 

The course was 1500m open water swim, 40km hilly, techniqual bike, and a 10km off road run. 

My swim went well coming out joint first with another GB athlete. Onto the bike I new I needed to pace myself. I was riding my Liv Obsess hard tail a great bike for this type of racing. The bike leg I found really hard, the technique bits where fun but at some points scary. Due to these girls being insane on a MTB bike, this is where I lost allot of time. I came into transition in 8th. 

Onto the run, surprisingly even though the run terrain was hard with steps, steep downhills and uphills. The 10km course went quite quick I was able to catch one women but the others where to far in front. I finished 7th Pro in my first Xterra. 

I loved racing something different and will definitely be back. 

See if you can spot me in the video below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment