Tuesday 4 July 2017

Avail Advanced Pro 1

As a young female athlete, when choosing a bike I am looking for certain specifications to suit me. I want a bike that will help me on long rides in all different weather conditions and a bike that will keep me upright!


This year I have chosen the Avail Advanced Pro 1 as my training bike, there are a number of factors that swayed me towards this bike, but one in particular is that it comes with Gavia SLT Tubeless tyres! The Avail Advanced Pro 1 has some great components, Advanced-Grade Frame and Forks, Ultegra 22 speed, Shimano BR-RS805 hydraulic disc brakes working perfectly in wet conditions and Giant SLR 1 disc wheels with Gavia Tubeless tyres. The list doesn’t stop there! The Shimano BR-RS805 hydraulic brakes system is very responsive. Their reliability makes for a safer ride and I know they will always work no matter what the weather. Also maintaining the brakes is far easier as there are no cables that could stiffen up, making it always easy to brake.

I’ve had my Avail Advanced for a few months. Due to the weather conditions this year and debris on the roads, I encountered my first puncture on my new bike. Whilst riding I noticed that the sealant was slowly releasing and little specs were spraying out. As I am new to using Gavia tyres I wasn’t sure what to expect, so I carried on cycling for a while thinking it would stop.But the tyre carried on spraying sealant out, so it was time to stop and investigate. I noticed a piece of glass, which when I removed it and the air started releasing out of the tyre, I began cycling again so the sealant would move towards the hole. I had 10 miles left of the ride and the tyre didn’t deflate and the spray from the sealant stopped. Smoothly riding on, my thoughts were, ‘how brilliant are these tyre especially for women and lone riders!’ - No more long stops getting cold and worrying about being safe on the side of the road. I will definitely recommend this type of tyres system to other ladies. These tyres can be put on all road bikes and if for some reason the sealant doesn’t work, you can always put a tube in.


Check out this video from Japan showing you how the tyres react with a puncture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXmMyt4Abs


Overall, anyone looking for a good set of tyres that don’t puncture easy - these are for you. But also the Avail Advanced Pro is the most comfortable bike I have ridden. Check out your local Giant brand store to book a test demo on this amazing bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment